Savings and coupons are nothing new for experienced shoppers. Most of us do our research and cut our coupons before we ever step food inside. Sometimes as shoppers we get overwhelmed at these big retail stores but it’s best to stop and take a look around. There are ways you can improve and still save big at these retail chains.
Here are some of our best tips for saving BIG at the major chains:
- Preparation – Before even stepping into your car you should make a list of all the items that are necessities. It’s best to separate out which are essential and which of the items are non-essential. This will come in handy and keep you in check when shopping
- Price Matching is Golden – Most shoppers don’t know but many of these major retailers price match. Stores are now changing the way they operate to retain customer loyalty and that includes price matching and even pricing beating. Make note of which stores will work hard for your business.
- Expiring Items – This one is one of our favorites for items like Tylenol or paper towels. Items may be categorized as expired for a number of reasons so it’s best to check the when use by date and see if you can find a deal.
- Clearance! Clearance! Clearance! – For retail stores, the out of season items or clearance items can save you upwards of 70% on your items. Usually stores will have a huge selection of clearance or marked down items and it’s always best to check there for extra savings.
Walmart is offering a buy 1 get 1 free coupon for bath tissues. Print out this coupon and redeem at any Walmart store.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Stock up on cereal for the family! Save $1.00 when you purchase 2 boxes of Cheerios. Clip your coupon here.
Diapers is one of the biggest expenses for new parents. Fortunately there’s help! Companies often offer free diapers as part of their rewards program. Here are a few ways to get free diapers:
1. Huggies Enjoy the Ride Rewards. This is a program directly from the Huggies website. Every time you purchase a Huggies product and completing online activities on their website, you get rewards points in which you can later redeem for free stuff and enter sweepstakes. Stock up on points and you can get tons of free stuff from their catalog.
2. Pampers Gifts to Grow. Much like the Huggies rewards program, Pampers also offer Gift to Grow points where you can collect and redeem. Gift rewards include, diapers, baby food, toys, and much more. Gift items will take between 8-10 weeks to arrive and is totally worth it!
3. Physician’s office and Hospitals. If you’re in a financial crisis and cannot afford diapers, don’t be afraid to give your doctor’s office or local hospital a call. They usually have a ton of samples on hand and will not hesitate to help you any way they can. They may also be able to sign up you for clubs and organizations that can help you with your situation.
Get 20% off your entire purchase at Rite Aid. This coupon is for in-store purchases only. Make sure you read the special instructions below and use it before April 16.